Air is essential to sustain life. Without it, we would die. It isn't just the simple fact that we have to breathe it, but it has to be clean air so that we don't get certain sicknesses and diseases. Meet Molekule: A startup company that has revolutionized the air purifier, and has created a totally new technology to destroy the pollutants in the air.
What does it do?
The new Molekule air purifier literally destroys pollutants such as: allergens, mold, bacteria, viruses and airborne chemicals. Molekule has been tested in independent lab studies which have shown 3.9 million E.Coli bacteria being destroyed in one single sweep through Molekule. Whoa. They have been featured on websites such as The Huffington Post, Popular Science, Vogue, uncrate, and Yahoo! Tech. This machine has been awarded 4.7 out of 5 stars.
How is Molekule different from traditional air purifiers?
- Traditional air purifiers only collect the pollutants onto the filter, while Molekule actually kills them at the molecular level, using nanotechnology. Since traditional air purifiers only trap the pollutants, they can actually multiply and go right back into the air you are breathing.
- HEPA filters do not have the capability of destroying microscopic pollutants that are 1000 times smaller like Molekule can.
Our beta trial was conducted on 28 participants including asthma and allergy sufferers. After using Molekule, there was no difference in total symptom score between allergy and non-allergy sufferers. Results point to the potential for Molekule to immediately improve allergy sufferers quality of life.
The Technology Within
The company has actually developed their own technology for the Molekule system over twenty years and are calling it PECO, which stands for Photo Electrochemical Oxidation. Basically, this technology uses free radicals to oxidize pollutants (which means destroys them) and those radicals are the same ones that are used to kill cancer cells. Molekule uses two filters: The first is a pre-filter which captures larger particles such as dust or pet hair, and the second is a nano-filter which destroys the pollutants.
Features of Molekule
- Made from machined aluminum with a leather carrying handle, which also means it is portable (take it with you to that rinky-dink hotel you thought was 5 stars)!
- Can purify a room up to 600 square feet
- Does not emit ozone
- Touch screen display
- 360 degree air intake
- Can be connected to your WiFi and then controlled by either your iPhone or Android smartphone through the app
- Extremely quiet while running in comparison to traditional air purifiers
- Energy efficient because it is not run by high-powered fans
- Pre-filter only to be replaced every three months
- Nano-filter only to be replaced once a year
- 30 day worry-free returns
I run the unit continuously in my bedroom. I have a whole house HEPA filter, UV lights in air ducts, bipolar ionization unit in the furnace and an Oransi MERV 18 HEPA filter in my bedroom, and a PCO unit in my bedroom as well. Before the Molekule unit, I still had asthma symptoms at night. There was a dramatic improvement after I got the Molekule unit and no longer run the Oransi HEPA filter in my bedroom or the PCO unit. If you have asthma, and have trouble sleeping due to your asthma, I highly recommend you get this unit for your bedroom. -Alvin Stroyny
The price for the Molekule air purifier is $799. But don't worry if you can't dish out that much money all at once. They offer 0% APR at $67 a month with Affirm.
They also offer an annual filter subscription program where filters are delivered right to your door when you need them for only $129 a year. And guess what? Your first year is free!
The EPA has stated that indoor air is actually 5 times more polluted than outdoor air and about 90% of our lives are spend indoors. If that isn't enough to make you want to purchase Molekule, maybe you should live in a teepee, outside.
If you are interested in purchasing Molekule, please head over to their website at molekule.com.
Image credit: Pexels